Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cruisin' for Collectibles for Mother's Day













Yesterday "Cruisin' Collectible Companion/hubby" wanted to give me a special outing for Mother's Day and so we decided to re-visit some of our favourite shops in the Whatcom County area.  As we were approaching the # 5 we noticed an Estate Sale sign on Portal Way.





We parked and went inside...

        I was sooo excited !


 
I immediately spotted this dainty antique chair.  I thought it likely would be over-priced but I was pleasantly surprised when the owner said $25.00 and  I
knew it could be mine! 

My Mother's Day present from the kind Mr. Cottage!


I thought that it might look perfect with white painted wood .
 Stay tuned for a before and after of this chair in another post.


The shop next door proved to be just as reasonable.


When I mentioned to the owner that I would like to photograph his business, he was quick to provide me with the exact address:  7032 Portal Way, Ferndale, Washington 98248

 It looks a little like a warehouse but this truly was treasure hunting....

 
 His prices were remarkable.  I got all of this for just $10.00!
 Three white flower pots and 8 porcelain lovebird napkin rings (4 others still in box) and best of all...

 The dish is a Foley!

 Then we went on to Bellingham.


Usually I find precious pretty teacups and hubby finds his Corgi cars here but we weren't as lucky at this stop on our Cruise for Collectibles.



Just in case you ever decide to visit Bellingham, Washington.... the address is
427  West Holly, Bellingham, Washington 98225




I planned to take a photo of their teacup shelf which used to display at least  200 collectible teacups but the clerk told us that someone had come in and bought them all.  I was very disappointed  but isn't this display attractive? 




Here you can find retro furniture, vintage linens, collectible china, unique old toys and so much more!  How relaxing it is to just browse!


In the basement is another shop.









There is a lot to look at. You might just find what you are looking for.


Next stop was Goodwill.  Take a look at this unusual teapot we found for $9.99

I fell in love with the pink roses.




It comes apart!  A tiny teapot and


A matching sweet mug.
That was another lovely Mother's Day gift!
It will be a little different this Mother's Day for me this year.  My daughter is in Hawaii for a break from university and one of my sons is working.
But I am happy to say that we will
pick up my 92 year old dear mother and have her over for a visit and

dinner.
Thank you hubby for making my day so much fun!
I hope that your day is special too!
Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment