Friday, May 6, 2016

A French Flair Outdoor Tea Time


Happy May
and 
Mother's Day! 

My Lovely Tea Friends!


It is an absolutely beautiful day at the cottage and I wanted to share my new French Provincial nesting table. 


Although it needs refinishing I thought it would be fun to use it and  have a little different tea time with a French Flair. 


It was $6.99 at Goodwill. 


I found the vintage head vase for $3.00 at a little  shop in Bellingham.


 I do hope that my wonderful neighbours don't mind that I cut a few of their Snowball Blossoms for our tea time today. 


Thank you Dear Betty and Wally.


You can see this vintage lady has lost her earrings but isn't she darling?  



You have seen the makeover chalk paint chair before. 


The simple white teacup is Mikasa White Silk. 


(Unfortunately with the glare of the bright sunlight, the pics don't show it's detailed embossing.

The tea is of course my favourite Red Rose Orange Pekoe.


The swirled white teapot is Royal Doulton's Cascade.  Another lucky Goodwill find by hubby for $9.99!



I do appreciate you stopping by today.





I do hope that you have a 

Perfect Mother's Day 

Weekend!


See you next time! Karen




This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Tea in the Garden

Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday

Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home





Hope to see you there!





13 comments:

  1. I love those snowball bushes! Your tea table is perfect. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have neighbors with such a beautiful snowball bush. Your tea table is lovely and seems a real steal. thanks for the tea time inspiration. I'm loving your photos and blog and am your newest follower. Will be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new french table is adorable. This tea time is gorgeous. The pictures are fabulous, dreamy. Happy mother's day to you.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karen:
    I love - love your snowball bush. What a beautiful setting for tea time. When we got here March 17th (late) I saw these 2 huge bushes on the side of the house that were starting to bloom. I thought they might be Snowball bushes but they have already bloomed now and are Viburnum. I never knew the name before but now have it straight. Yours is really wonderful. I love your table setting as well! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new table! So chic! The snow balls are lovely...I bet the neighbors don't mind. Such a pretty setting for tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, Karen! The head vase made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds, Karen!! I have always wanted one of those lady vases, and can't be live you found one for $3.00!! Your Mother's Day tea is just so pretty with its French flair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops...it was supposed to type "believe"! These iPads have a mind of their own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen, what a beautiful tea time! Such a lovely outdoor setting and I love your french flair furniture and table setting! Just beautiful! Wish I could join you for tea!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, what a beautiful tea time! Such a lovely outdoor setting and I love your french flair furniture and table setting! Just beautiful! Wish I could join you for tea!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the table - and love the vintage woman's head vase. Wish we all could've been there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,
    I love the snowballs. My neighbour up the road has them all along her driveway. I like your table and can't wait to see what you do with it. The lady vase is adorable and why not give her a pair of earrings? Your setting is so pretty and thank you for sharing it with us. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete