Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Welcome to the Castle....








 


                                                                                            
Welcome Sweet Friends
 
I would love for you to tour the Castle and so that I can share some of our favourite pieces of furniture and antiques  that have been passed on to us by our parents. 

 
Please do come in.... 
 

 
In the entry is our precious Grandfather Clock which was previously my husband's parents.
 
 

This unique shaped table my husband re-finished when he was in high school. I found the dainty chair at Salvation Army for a bargain!
 
 
This sideboard is not an antique but it is the perfect size for a hallway.  I found it at Homesense.
 
 
Pink and Green Pretties.
 
 
 
The antique china cabinet above once belonged to my mother-in-law. Notice her beautiful tureens on the bottom shelf.
 
 
 
The dining room table and chairs were my mother's.  I just love the pedestal base!
 
 
 
This China Cabinet above is not an antique but is large enough to hold many of my collections.
 
 
Collectible Cranberry Glass and China
 
 
My mother's treasured settee

 
Just a glimpse of some special teacups - more to
come in future posts!
 
 
The Master Bedroom
 
 


 
 
The Kitchen
 

 
Kitchen Collectibles
 

 
The Family Room
 
 
 
 
 The Basement
 
 
 
 
This large vintage buffet was hubby's parents too.
 
 
Back  into the living room are my dear mother's treasured vintage chairs.
 
 
 
Last but not least, my dear father's grand piano. The photo on top is of him.  I miss him so!
 
 
Thank you for stopping by the Castle!
 
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Karen I love your pictures. Let's do tea sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gabrielle. Please come over soon.

      Delete
  2. Hello again Bernideen,
    Thank you for looking at all of my posts. I always wonder if anyone else has similar taste to me. Most of my friends prefer more modern furniture but I just love the character of old things.

    Thank you for the kind words.

    I hope that we can keep in touch.
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful home and wonderful furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fabulous tour... I keep saying yes I like that and that and that ..everything ( Ha Ha)... I love the Victorina diningroom set..How wonderful that it was your mothers... A piece to cherish... I'd love to stay and just lounge on that pretty settee with a cup of tea ... ENjoy your week-end...Hugs

    ReplyDelete