Monday, April 22, 2013

Tuesday's Special Teacups













Special Teacups at the Cottage

Welcome to Teacup Tuesday...




Today I would like to feature two teacups that were once my mother's and that are very special to me.  My wonderful and kind sister let me have them because she knew of my passion for roses, pink and turquoise.  My sister, Dianne has an amazing collection of vintage teacups and I hope that she will allow me to display her collection on a future blog.



The two cups are almost identical.  But if you look closely, you will see that the pedestal at the bottom and the inside of each cup vary in colour.  This one has a very light turquoise...


The saucers are identical.

Can you see the gorgeous blue?  I think it should be called robin's egg blue.

This one has a pale coral colour as it's trim.


One saucer has a gold number e1267.

The other has no gold numbering.
The cups both  an imprint of gold lettering and numbers.

They are Aynsley fine Bone China from England.

The reverse side of the teacups seem to be a deeper coloured rose.

Pink is so pretty!
 
 Thanks for visiting Teacup Tuesday at the Cottage & Castle!

Karen



8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous teacups, Karen! I love Anysley and yours are so lovely accented by their different shades. Pink, robin egg blue, and peach are three of my favourite colours so I'm liking these very much. They are even more special because they had belonged to your mother. Thank you so much for coming to tea and sharing your pretties with us. Have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi,
      Thank you so much for commenting. I just love visiting your delightful blog and your photographs are always amazing! I hope that I can eventually add the detail and perfection that you display! I retire in June and will hopefully have more time to learn some of your skills!

      Hope to talk to you next Tuesday!
      Take care!
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Hi: Your tea cups are stunning. Just love Aynsley tea cups. I am so glad you got to have them to remind you of your Mama. I hope your sister will let us see her treasures. It would be so much fun. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha,
      I do appreciate your comments! Thank you for taking the time to message me. Your opinion is very important to me. I love visiting your blog - you are so talented.

      Hope to talk to you next Tuesday!
      Take care!
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Hello Karen,
    Your tea cups are beautiful. I have two similar, but I don't have the pretty pale colors inside! So lovely! Aynsley is one of my favorite companies.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri,
    Thank you so much for commenting! I just love your violet teacup and the gold-trimmed one this week. Your blog is so spectacular! It is such a pleasure to visit it each week!

    Hope to talk to you next Tuesday.
    Take care!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, love the rosy cups. How unusual to have them look almost the same and have one with the blue. Very lovely and romantic images. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Veronica,
    Thank you for the kind words. I just love to get comments! It is so exciting to talk to people that have a love of pretty teacups. Take care.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete