Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pretty in Pink at the Castle






Pink in the Garden

The pink cherry blossoms are on the ground in the front yard.


The pink rhododendrons are trying to bloom.




Let's cut through the front door and go to the garden party out in the back yard.

Be careful on the stairs!
Please sit down and relax.  There is just the right amount of sunshine and breeze.

 I'll pour you a cup of hot tea...


Did you notice the pink rosebuds on the pillow, teapot, teacup and flower?



 When is your birthday?



 
The teapot and teacup are a Chintz made in England.
The teapot is St. George.

The teacup is Windsor. They are almost identical except that the teacup has gold trim and is a deeper pink rose.
 
 Do you see the pink crystals on the candelabra?
I made some banana muffins for you but instead of adding the chocolate chips I chopped up large chunks of  left over milk chocolate Easter eggs. 





Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
 
Dry  Mixture
All purpose flour                   2 cups
Baking Soda                         1 teaspoon
Salt                                       1 teaspoon
Semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup
(or chunks of Easter eggs)
 
Moist Mixture
Butter                                  1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar               3/4 cup
Eggs                                   2 large
Vanilla Extract                  1 teaspoon
Ripe bananas                     1 cup
 
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare 12 muffin cups.
-In a large bowl mix together the first 3 ingredients of the dry mixture.
-Stir in chocolate chips (or chunks of Easter eggs).-Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
-Beat in eggs one at a time.
-Mash the bananas and add bananas and vanilla to the moist mixture.
-Add the moist mixture to the dry mixture all at once. Stir until the batter is moist but still lumpy.
-Fill 12 muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
-Bake 25 minutes.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Thank you for having tea and muffins in the garden at the Castle!

                                                                       Karen

7 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,
    What an absolutely beautiful tea! Love all of it. The pinks in flowers and fabrics, the pretty, pretty teapot, the pink crystals, the wicker, the book and even the pink ribbon used as a bookmark. This all must have made you smile. It did for me.
    Going to look that book up ...
    Best, Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruthie,
      Thank you so much for your comments. They are very important to me. You are too kind!
      Have a lovely weekend!
      Take care,Karen

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely - I tried to leave a comment earlier today but my computer at work was being naughty. I love your setting, teapot and tea time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernideen,
      It is soooo nice to talk to you again. I do appreciate your opinion. Thank you for commenting.

      I am enjoying the blogging very much and look forward to visiting yours as much as I can.

      Take care,
      Karen

      Delete
  3. I'm going to book mark this post for when I need to feel tranquil. The world needs more moments like this. Glad I found you at Beverly's Pink Saturday. Isn't Beverly just the best hostess ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    Thank you for commenting. I have just started blogging and have never visited Beverly's Pink Saturday before and this was my first thumbnail on her site! I think it is wonderful how she features those that link up and I am anxious to visit her regularly now.

    I love meeting new friends like you and I am loving this new adventure!
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful photo shoot, beautiful compositions!

    ReplyDelete